|LITHERLAND LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH|
|The seal depicts Hygeia Goddess of Health|
Litherland Local Board of Health was established in 1863 as a result of the 1858 Local Government Act.
The initial eight members of the Local Board were local business men, a doctor, and a farmer. The Local Board remained in force for 31 years and established the basic infrastructure of Litherland of which the successor; Litherland Urban District Council created in 1895 continued successfully in creating a well administered district of Merseyside until dissolved in 1974.