Litherland Urban District Council Painting Department
The photo was taken in 1947 just after the building of their new depot

The painters would travel around Litherland with two small green huts, which they would situate on some convenient grass verge. One hut would be used for storage and the mixing of paints and the other hut was used as a mess hut for tea breaks and lunch. Once they had finished an area the huts would be transported to a new site and the painters would paint that area.

Litherland & Ford Digital Ronnie Cusworth 2002-2007 - Litherland & Ford Pictorial © 2020-2023

/